Sunday, March 2, 2014

Birthing Class

Mr. Picturesque and I attended a 7 hour birth class today, and boy was it informative! The place we are giving birth at is all about natural non-medical intervening labor & deliveries. 
I have to say, though, that the class was completely different than I thought it would be. I had always seen videos of mothers and fathers sitting around a room practicing lamaze. But in this class it was based around information and then practicing in chairs or standing. It of course started to get exhausting towards the end of the 7 hours, but because of frequent bathroom breaks, a lunch break, and plenty of snacks/water we were very alert most of the time.

An interesting part of this class I did not think about was the interaction between us and the other parents. Most of the other parents-to-be in the class were where we are: excited to be there, anxious to meet our baby, excited to learn, very involved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Check out my other posts to see posts similar to this one!