Thursday, December 4, 2014

Let's Talk Baby Foods



A month or so ago, we started our journey with Baby Picturesque and solid foods. Up until that time she had been EBF (exclusively breast fed). She is 6 months old now, and our doctor had instructed us that at 4 months it was safe to start with solids. But I was unsure when I wanted to start her on solids, when it was truly safe. 

I obviously listen to the pediatrician, but I also trust my God given discernment. I prayed and asked for wisdom of when to know to start Baby P. on solids. I swear one day I just woke up and felt it was time. We started with Earth's Best Rice Cereal. Baby P. loved it from the get go. She had no problems eating it. So I fed her that for a few weeks, every other day or so. Just to make sure she didn't have a bad reaction. Next, after meeting with the pediatrician, my husband and I decided to try other foods and increase the amount given.  

So I made pureed apples. Baby P. hated it though. So I went on to sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving. At first she hated that too, but then loved it. Next I went to Avocados. But she hates that as well. Now, we were given some Gerber baby foods, so I tried out the banana second foods on her, and she loved them from the get go. 

I'm trying to figure out what to do from here... keep making foods at home or buy an organic baby food puree from the store. 

What are your thoughts? What did you do?
Leave comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Check out my other posts to see posts similar to this one!