Do you like my posts? Make sure you like my Facebook page so you can see more posts like this one!
When you have a child, pretty much everything in life becomes a chaotic mess of dirty diapers, piles of laundry/dishes, and crying children.
I know this sounds extreme, but this is kind of what I felt like when I first brought our baby girl home. I
Thankfully when I was pregnant, I realized these OCD tendencies were going to have to change. I obviously knew with a kid, things are anything but tidy and organized. But, that didn't necessarily make it any easier when baby girl came and I had to keep reminding myself that it was OKAY that I couldn't get the dishes done, or do the laundry. Some days I can't get anything done, and that is OKAY! I had/have to tell myself it is Okay and that nothing bad is going to happen if things aren't cleaned today and that with a child, I have to be open to constant change.
Just telling myself constantly (and my husband telling me) that this was okay, did not mean I fully felt that way. So I turned to who I usually turn in times when I need help, God. As I have mentioned in previous articles, I rely heavily on my faith in God to get me through everything in life (both happy and sad times).
So I turned to prayer and (as you saw in my last article) I also created a schedule. But prayer is what has helped me maintain a level of peace in motherhood.
So what do I pray for?
- I pray daily for discernment to know how to raise Baby P.
- I ask for the grace for every day, to be a good mother.
- I stand on scripture -
- Philippians 4:6,7 "I am not anxious about anything, but by prayer and petition I present my requests to God and the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your heart and mind through Christ Jesus."
- Psalm 55:22 "Cast your burdens on the Lord, releasing the weight of it, and He will sustain you. He will never allow the consistently righteous to be moved made to slip, fall or fail."
- Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
- Nehemiah 8:10 "The joy of the Lord is my strength."
- I pray for help with whatever I am dealing with that day... like teething pain, a cranky baby, a cranky me (hehe), lack of sleep...