Saturday, May 9, 2015

Acknowledging the New Mom this Mother's Day

    
    With mother's day coming up tomorrow, I have been thinking a lot about how often the new mother is overlooked. And I feel that it's especially important to wish the newer mother a happy mother's day. 

    Why?

    Because as a new mom, you are constantly questioning yourself... and hoping you are a good mom. You try to make the best choices for your child/children but in the back of your head you are just hoping and praying that this IS the right choice. As a new mom, you sometimes just need to hear that you are a good mom. That's kind of what mother's day is all about. Letting your mom know what a good job they did and that you love them. It's not about the presents, it's about being acknowledged. 

    Well as a new mom, your little one can't acknowledge that yet. So her husband, her family, her friends, her mom needs to be the one to just tell her "Way to go. You're a great mom. Keep doing what you're doing!" 

    I know for me, my husband has made sure to acknowledge that I'm a great mom. My brother-in-law and his girlfriend sent me this sweet card telling me that I was a great mom. My mom has gone out of her way to wish me a happy mother's day. All of these things have just made me feel good within my heart. And I want to pass that on.

    I want to make sure that I do everything I can to show the moms around me this mother's day that they are great moms. That's why I bought my sister-in-law roses. That's why I sent the women in my small group a Happy Mother's Day ecard. Because I want to make sure someone acknowledges them on their first or second or third... Mother's day.

So... Happy Mother's Day all of you moms out there! 

You ARE doing a great job! 

You ARE a great mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Check out my other posts to see posts similar to this one!