Do you like my posts? Make sure you like my Facebook page so you can see more posts like this one!
Taken from Denise Glenn's ministry website, Kardo Ministries:
1. That they will know Christ as Savior early in life. (Psalms 63:1, II Timothy 3:15).
2. That they will have a hatred for sin. (Psalms 97:10)
3. That they will be caught when guilty. (Psalms 119:71) 4. That they will be protected from the evil one in each area of their lives: spiritual, emotional, physical. (John 17:15)
5. That they will have a responsible attitude in all their interpersonal relationships. (Daniel 6:3)
6. That they will respect those in authority over them. (Romans 13:1)
7. That they will desire the right kind of friends and be protected from the wrong friends. (Proverbs 1:10-11)
8. That they will be kept from the wrong mate and saved for the right one. (II Corinthians 6:14-17)
9. That they, as well as those they marry, will be kept pure until marriage. (I Corinthians 6:18-20)
10. That they will learn to totally submit to God and actively resist Satan in all circumstances. (James 4:7)
11. That they will be single-hearted, willing to be sold out to Jesus Christ. (Romans 12:1, 2)
12. That they will be hedged in so they cannot find their way to wrong people or wrong places and that the wrong people cannot find their way to them (Hosea 2:6)
Written by David Glenn, Denise Glenn's husband, about these scriptures: "I began praying these over my children more than twenty five years ago. My children are certainly not perfect, and neither are we, but God has blessed us and answered so many of these requests. Of course, they hated the prayer of 'getting caught when they are guilty!' But it works —they did get caught! They have also each married godly mates that love them and love the Lord, and each one is serving Him in the giftedness they have each been given. I am not bragging on us…I am bragging on God and how he honors consistent, focused prayer. Give it a try and see what happens in your home." To finish up this post, I just want to leave you with something that touched me today from Lisa Bevere's book Lioness Arising (wonderful author and such a great book). She writes:
"God is not looking for people who act like Christians. He wants us to be Christians! The word Christian means 'anointed or Christlike one.' Jesus did not go around 'being good;' he went around 'doing good' and releasing all who were oppressed. What has he anointed you to do?
God's Spirit is on me; he's chosen me to preach the Message of good news to the poor, sent me to announce pardon to prisoners and recovery of sight to the blind, to set the burdened and battered free, to announce, 'This is God's year to act!' (Luke 4:18-19)."
I hope this post encourages you today as it has encouraged me!