Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Toddler Schedule


    If you haven't noticed yet, my articles tend to be written about things that I currently am going through or have experienced with my little one. Well as usual, this article is no different. Ha. 
    Even though my daughter is 14 months and walking/running, I still keep her on a schedule. The cool thing is that any time I wonder if I should alter her schedule, she shows me how much she loves the structure.
    So here's an example of what our day to day schedule looks like, in case you need any ideas for your little one:

  • 6:50 or 7:00 am - Baby P. wakes up from her crib.
  • 7:00 - 7:20 am - Breastfeed and hang out in the bed.
  • 7:20 - 8:00 am - Diaper change and then Baby P. plays in her pack in play while I get breakfast ready and let out the dog/feed the cat.
  • 8:00 - 8:25 am - Breakfast for baby and me!
  • 8:25 - 8:45 am - Baby P. plays in her pack n' play for 20 more minutes while I clean up and get things ready for nap time.
  • 8:45 - 9:00 am - Snuggles and breastfeeding.
  • 9:00 - 10:30 am - Nap time. This length depends on when she falls asleep. Some mornings she will play for 30 - 45 minutes before passing out. But usually her morning naps will last for an hour to an hour and a half.
  • 10:30 - 10:45 am - Wake up. Diaper change.
  • 10:45 - 10:50 am - Breastfeed.
  • 11:00 am - 12:00 pm - Watch Sesame Street in her walker and have a snack and water. Watching Sesame Street could come or go depending on what we have scheduled for the day. If we have plans we will use the next 4 hours to go to small group, go out, grocery shop, run errands... Even on days we have plans, usually I'll let her watch 30 minutes or so of this so that I can make lunch for me.
  • 12:00 - 2:00 pm - As I mentioned above, this is usually the time frame we get things done outside the house. But some days when we need a break, we stay home. If it is one of those days, Baby P. will watch Sesame Street for a little longer. Then we will go swinging outside, and come in and play on the floor around the house. Usually before lunch Baby P. will have walking time. This is when I let her play around the house and in her room. 
  • 1:30 - 2:00 pm - Lunch.
  • 2:00 - 2:45 pm - Play some more or snuggle.
  • 2:45 - 3:00 pm - Breastfeed.
  • 3:00 - 5:00 pm - Nap time. Obviously this nap time varies too in length. 
  • 5:00 - 6:20 pm - Floor play time with Mommy or Daddy.
  • 6:20 - 7:00 pm - At this point, Baby P. gets a bath every other day... is put in her pajamas and then I set up this octagon gate that she plays in for the rest of the night.
  • 7:00 -7:30 pm - Dinner.
  • 7:30 - 7:45 pm - Play time with Mommy or Daddy.
  • 7:45 - 8:00 pm - Rocking time with Daddy. I typically will take this time to shower, get babies room ready for bedtime and so on...
  • 8:00 - 8:10 pm - Breastfeed.
  • 8:15 - Bedtime.
    As a note, obviously things happen day to day and I am completely open to change. But I have seen and know that children appreciate and need discipline, so I try to stick to Baby P's schedule as much as I can. Also, this is just the bare minimum of a schedule. There's a lot I don't write about here, like how often we snuggle and I pick her up and so on... Baby P. loves to let me know when she needs some snuggles, and I'm happy to oblige her :D.
    What about you? What does your day to day look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Check out my other posts to see posts similar to this one!