(Background photo courtesy of unsplash.com, LondonScout).
Do you like my posts? Make sure you like me on Facebook so you can see more posts like this one!
As you may know, my daughter is a little over 14 months old. She is spunky, she is full of life, she is independent, she is a snuggler, she is carefree and she is loving! I so enjoy my sweet moments with her. As I was nursing her last night, and feeling this overwhelming sense of love and amazement... I thought about what it means to be a mom.
It is no small task being a mom, and it is certainly the biggest, scariest, most amazing aspect of life I have yet encountered! I needed to spill out my thoughts on paper, so I thought what better place to do it than my blog.
So what do I feel as a mom and believe other women feel as moms when they look at their child?
- This unexplainable, gut wrenching love.
- A need to protect this beautiful child, at all costs (even at the cost of her own life).
- The urgency to protect that child's innocence.
- So much pride in that child's accomplishments.
- Fear of the unknown for that child.
- Hope for the future, for her child's future.
- Wonderment at how God could use her to help to create such a beautiful child.
- A desire to be a part of every moment in that child's life.
- A desire to calm her children when they cry, laugh when they laugh, pick them up when they fall down, & kiss all of their tears away.