Thursday, August 27, 2015

Easy & Healthy Salmon Dinner

    I had to share my husband's and my favorite dinner, it is Salmon with Quinoa and organic mixed veggies (all from Sam's Club, so it's very affordable)! 
    It really is quick, easy and cheap!
    Grilling the salmon usually takes 20 minutes or so, especially because I love the edges on my salmon crispy. So typically I start the veggies on the stove at the same time I put the salmon on the grill (since the veggies are frozen). 

  • First I cut up the salmon into smaller portions, then I take heavy duty aluminum foil and spray it with olive oil spray (since fish tends to stick to things and then falls apart when trying to get it off the grill). 
  • Then I place the salmon on the foil and season it lightly with Susie Q's Santa Maria Style Seasoning (a little of this seasoning goes a looong way, but it's delicious). After starting the grill and putting it on Medium heat, I put the salmon (on the foil) on the grill.
   
  • Then I put the stove on medium heat and heat up dairy free butter (we use either Smart Balance or Earth Balance butter). 
  • Next I put the organic mixed veggies in the pan, leaving it uncovered and cook slowly for the next 15 minutes. 

  • The last thing I do is put the Quinoa in the microwave. It takes 90 seconds.


    And there you have it! A simple, easy, healthy meal!

    So tell me, what's your favorite healthy meal?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Check out my other posts to see posts similar to this one!