So I decided since all I've found are very negative posts about Invisalign that I was going to start blogging about my journey as a 30 something mother.
First Tray (Week 1):
So far, so good. I had some pain the first night because I didn't know how to use the wax. But I decided to put wax on at night on any sharp area on the braces. My mouth was great the next day. I continue to put wax on every time I finish cleaning the braces though and that way my tongue and cheeks do not get cut.
The 2nd day, I did wake up with my teeth feeling sensitive (because they are starting to shift). But I took ibuprofen and the pain/ache went away!
Benefits of Invisalign versus other.
There are so many cool things about these braces versus other braces:
- With my orthodontist, I change out trays every week so there is less of an adjustment/change for my teeth from week to week. Which results in less pain.
- I have to wear the trays for 22 hours a day. Which means I get to take them out 2 hours every day (for meals and snacks). I love it because I get a break here and there.
- I can still eat popcorn and peanut butter (when the trays are out), with regular braces that wouldn't be possible.
- I still get to drink caffeine (when the trays are out).
- They are not as obvious as braces. You can still see them, but they are clear!
Please know I am no way sponsoring Invisalign or any products on my blog *unless specified.* I just like to share my personal experiences in hopes of helping others.