Edited with permission.I love croissants. I can't say they are healthy for me, but they are so tasty! Well this chicken salad in a croissant is one of my go-to easy meals for when I don't feel like spending a long time in the kitchen!
- Refrigerated croissants (pillsbury or store brand will do).
- Rotisserie chicken from Sams (you can also get it at any store, but Sams tends to have larger rotisseries).
- Dill Weed
- Grapes (optional).
- Place croissants in oven (follow directions on can).
- Pull chicken off of rotisserie and place in a large bowl.
- Add mayonnaise to taste. I add typically as much mayo till I notice a light cover of each piece of chicken.
- Add 2 tsp. of dill weed or to taste. Again this is something where I like to see a light coating of each chicken piece.
- Optional cut a few handfuls of grapes in half and add. This is something my mom likes to do, but my husband and I prefer to go without. The plus of the grapes is it adds a very fresh, fruity flavor to your chicken salad.
- After croissants have finished cooking, open them up leaving a small part still attached and add in chicken salad.
I like to serve these sandwiches with green salad or chips.
Pin for later.