Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Parenting is Hard.

Edited with permission, CC.
    Parenting is hard. There are constant ups and downs. If that isn't hard enough, because of the way technology is incorporated into every. single. aspect of our lives we are innudated with information that makes us feel like whatever we do, we are failures. This is the reality we parents have to live in, to raise our children in. And I for one am refusing to by into it. 
    I appreciate all of the helpful tips, but I am tired of feeling guilt every time I struggle to get Toddler P. to eat her dinner or if I let her watch too many cartoons. All we can do is try to be our best selves. I want to raise my daughter to believe that she IS good enough. That she doesn't need to feel guilty because she does things differently from others. 
    I have to trust God. That's what it comes down to. I try my best to be an amazing mom, my husband tries to be an amazing dad... but when it comes down to it, it is God's grace alone that guides us through. Right now we are struggling with Toddler Picturesque going through a sleep regression. So she has been getting up early every morning for the last two weeks. And. I'm. tired. Ha. But I ask for grace daily, and God has been supplying me with enough energy and joy to get through each day. 
    So I'm going to take a step back from the "mom guilt," and continue to try to be who God wants me to be and I know He will help with the inbetween. 

What have you been feeling guilty about today?

Pin for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Check out my other posts to see posts similar to this one!