Sunday, March 5, 2017

Home Remedies for Eye Infections

Edited with permission, CC.


    A few weeks ago, I noticed Toddler P.'s eyes were a little crusty and pussy. I know that sign, as I have had my share of pink eye and eye infections. But thankfully I know how to treat eye infections naturally. After applying the following remedies, Toddler P's eyes cleared up within 24 hours.

    Please note, that I am in no way a medical professional. I just share my personal experiences and antic-dotes in hope that it helps in some way. As with any sickness or infection, you should consult a doctor.


Breast Milk - Since I'm still nursing Toddler P. twice a day, I still have milk coming in. Breast milk seriously is liquid gold, especially when it comes to treating common ailments.

Colloidal Silver - Colloidal silver and silversol gel are my go to ointments. When this small eye infection hit, I looked up  whether it could be used on a toddler. Evidently it can. I put less than the indicated amount, as I always do less of any kind of medication then listed... I would rather be safe than sorry with my child's health.

Eye Bright Tea - I love this stuff! My family found out about this tea, when I was much younger and going through a severe pink eye infection. You brew the tea, put the tea bags on your eyes, and then drink the tea afterwards. This is my favorite of all the home remedies and works the fastest (in my opinion). I did not use this tea as a remedy for my daughter, but I have used it on myself.

   Have you found any home remedies that work for eye infections?


Pin for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Check out my other posts to see posts similar to this one!