Saturday, May 30, 2015

Dairy, Gluten, & Egg Free Baby Pancake Recipe



Baby Pancakes: A great finger food for toddlers!

    Do you like my posts? Make sure you like me on Facebook so you can see more posts like this one! 
Image result for official facebook icon

    I saw this recipe from Wholesome Baby Food's blog, and thought I'd give it a try. But I didn't like some of the ingredients in the post... so I changed up the recipe so that it would be gluten, dairy and egg free for Baby Picturesque! 
   I have to say these were a success! Baby P. loves her little pancakes! 
   I do have to warn you, though, technically they are pancakes, but they do not have that consistency. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup coconut flour 
  • 1 cup uncooked commercial baby oatmeal cereal from the box 
  • 1 cup coconut milk (or almond milk)
  • 1/2 cup mashed banana (or fruit of your choice)
  • 1 tbsp melted unsalted dairy free butter (or olive oil, which is what I used)
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
Add cinnamon, nutmeg, dash of vanilla or other flavorings if you wish.
Directions:
Step 1: Mix all ingredients together and add enough water to make pancake consistency.

Step 2: Cook on your cook top in a frying pan as you would with “regular” pancakes. Cooking these baby cereal pancakes on a griddle will work better as you will have more control over the temperature and will be better able to keep the temp. at a constant heat.

**Freezes Well**



              Displaying 20150521_123528.jpg
    Here's a picture of these pancakes on the griddle. They aren't perfect, but that's okay... Baby P. still loves them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Check out my other posts to see posts similar to this one!