Do you like our posts? Make sure you like us on Facebook so you can see more posts like this one!
Our entire house is terrazzo flooring, so I have to sweep and then mop all of the rooms in our house (see the picture below for what our floor looks like)! I swear I have gone through so many Pine-Sol bottles it is ridiculous! But after sweeping and then mopping the floor vigorously, it would still feel dirty... or get dirty in the next few minutes.
But then I found this wonderful DIY mopping solution from momalwaysfindsout.com. I just have to brag about this DIY mopping solution that I learned about from Mom Always Finds Out blog, because I am in love with it!
When I tried this DIY solution I was skeptical, but I thought it can't work any worse than Pine-Sol right? Well after mixing the recipe together in an empty bottle, then adding about 1 or 2 tablespoons of the solution to a bucket and then pouring in water to the brim... I went to mopping. I was so pleased with the results! Not only did the floor feel cleaner, but it had a shine to it!
Why I love this DIY solution:
- It is cheaper than buying some other mopping solution from the store.
- I have all of the ingredients in my house anyway.
- It's cheap.
- Seems to work better than store brands!
- It works on tile and laminate floors (I'm not sure about wood floors).
- Vinegar and water are a great cleaner and you don't have to worry about fumes.
- Vinegar is naturally acidic, so with the water added it prevents it from hurting the flooring.
- Rubbing alcohol has a streak free shine.
- Dish washing liquid adds an extra level of cleaning solution for your floor.
- Essential oils are great for the senses, and lavendar has antiseptic properties.
I just had to share with you this mopping solution recipe, with a few personal changes! So without further ado, here's my version of Mom Always Finds Out DIY Mopping Solution (here's the original. Make sure you check out her page for more important details about this solution and the safety of this mixture):
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Vinegar
- 2 cups Rubbing alcohol
- 6 drops Store brand dish washing liquid
- 10 drops Lavender essential oil
I'd love your feedback?! What did you think? Did you try this solution? How does it compare to what you normally buy from the store?