Friday, November 11, 2016

Veteran's Day- From a Military Wife's Heart

Edited with permission, CC
    Today is Veterans Day. I am a veteran's wife. I am a military wife. My husband has served in the military going on 15 years now. He is kind. He is honorable. He is one of the most loving men I know. 
   My daughter's father serves this great United States. He helps to protect our freedoms. He helps to protect our rights to express our opinion. He ultimately helps to protect and serve our President (whether or not he agrees with that President's views). 
   I want to encourage you all to think about something this Veteran's Day. When you respond in anger, as I've seen these last few days, you incite more anger. My husband, police men & women, first responders (and many others) lives get to be put in danger because of your sadness, fear, anger, and insecurities. 
   I want to encourage you to think before you speak. Pray before you respond. Treat others the way you wish to be treated. Finally, to attempt to love others unconditionally.
   A great prayer to pray today for our nation and for her people is the prayer Jesus taught His disciples to pray: Matthew 6:9-13
"'Pray, then, in this way:
Our Father who is in heaven,
Hallowed [holy] be Your name.
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we have forgiven our debtors [letting go of both the wrong and the resentment].
And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. [For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.]’"

-From the heart of a military wife.

Pin for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! Check out my other posts to see posts similar to this one!